Event Resources

Event organisers can benefit from a range of expertise and resources that are available in the town. In general, if borrowing equipment for events, the organiser is responsible for covering reasonable expenses incurred by the lender in association with the equipment loan, and for repair or replacement of any equipment that is damaged or lost whilst on loan, as well as any third-party liabilities resulting from improper use of the equipment or negligence by personnel involved in providing the event.


Ulverston Town Council owns a number of pop-up gazebos of various sizes. Note that they can only be used safely at wind speeds of up to 30mph approximately, and must be secured to the ground with guy ropes or approved weights. Contact the Town Clerk to discuss loan arrangements.

Litter Bins & Recycling Bins

As an event organiser, you are responsible for ensuring that waste is collected and disposed of legally. Ulverston Town Council owns a set of large blue plastic litter bins which can be borrowed. Event organisers should approach South Lakeland District Council at the depot in North Lonsdale Road to arrange for the blue bins to be emptied, and for the provision of special lidded recycling bins.

Road Signs, Cones, Barriers & Fencing

Outdoor events will often require signage for traffic management and crowd controls, in accordance with Police, Council, and Highways requirements. Ulverston Town Council owns a limited number of road signs, cones, barriers and fencing. Contact the Town Clerk to discuss loan arrangements.

UHF Analogue Radios

Ulverston Town Council owns a set of short range UHF analogue business radios, purchased with assistance from Ulverston BID, which are available for outdoor events. They have a practical range of about half a mile within the town, and slightly further in open countryside. Contact the Town Clerk to request a loan. Note that these radios use the shared business radio frequency spectrum and are therefore not suitable for confidential discussions. There is no charge for use, but a fully refundable deposit is required.

Cellular Push-To-Talk (PTT) Radios

Ulverston Ltd owns a set of cellular radios, linked to the mobile phone network using special SIM cards and licenses. They will work wherever a mobile phone signal is available from any of EE, O2, Three, or Vodafone. Cellular PTT radios provide secure digital audio, can be tracked via GPS using dispatcher software, and are ideal for events covering a large geographic area. Location tracking and conversations can be recorded and played back to aid incident management and investigations. Use the Contact Us form to request a trial or a loan. A fully refundable deposit is required, plus expenses to cover licensing, wear and tear, etc.

Public Address (PA) System

Ulverston Town Council owns a set of microphones and speakers for indoor and outdoor events. Contact the Town Clerk to discuss loan arrangements. The event organiser is responsible for obtaining PPL and PRS licenses if the PA system is to be used for playing live or recorded music in public.

Outdoor Power Supply

There is an outdoor power supply at Market Square, which is used for powering the outdoor Christmas tree, and also for bands, etc playing next to the War Memorial. Contact the Town Clerk to discuss arrangements for use. The event organiser is responsible for the safety of any electrical equipment that is connected to the power supply.

Event Advertising

Major festivals and one-off events in the town can be advertised on the Choose Ulverston website (funded by Ulverston BID) and in the annual festivals leaflet that is distributed to shops, tourist information centres, motorway service stations, etc. Contact the Town Clerk or a member of Ulverston Community Partnership to discuss.

Any event in the town or surrounding area can be advertised free of charge on the ulverston.com website.